.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I can do this.

So I've been home...4 weeks? 5 weeks? I've lost count. But I think I have finally settled in. Things are really hard right now though. I was really positive and optimistic about coming home, but it has been so much harder than I thought. Coming from a place of complete structure and accountability to a place where I'm basically on my own is scary. I find it hard to prepare my own meals, drink my weight gain drinks, and go grocery shopping. I think it was really not a good idea to come home still on weight gain (not that I could do anything about it). I see my dietitian once a week and my therapist twice a week. They are both great. I have their support and I know they really care about me, and I trust them. I had a really rough appointment with my dietitian yesterday. My weight was down, and my dietitian noticed that I appeared depressed and fatigued. She just seem really concerned and I just feel really discouraged. I want to lose weight, but I know I can't do that. Even though I really hate my ideal weight, I know that it is necessary to feel happy and healthy. But ED is creeping back in. And it makes me sad. I don't want this anymore. I am sick of it. But ED isn't sick of me, that's the problem. I've wasted 8 years of my life with this stupid disease and I need to just fight like hell and overcome it. But because my depression is creeping back in as well, I am not motivated to do much. The hardest part of my meal plan is breakfast. I am rarely hungry in the morning and I hate breakfast foods. My goal this week is to start adding breakfast back in. I know I need to do it, but it makes me anxious.

On the bright side, I am sleeping really well, and my anxiety is manageable. I love my part time job as a hostess. I love the people I work with, I love the owners. It's like a family. Hopefully I will be able to assistant coach a diving team this summer. That would be awesome. I'm crossing my fingers for that one. Another good thing...I have not purged since before treatment. Which is almost 2 months. That's pretty awesome. And I really don't have any urge to purge either. I love being able to exercise again, just get outside and take a walk. I am so excited for the pool to open so I can swim laps and practice some of my dives.

I miss my horse, Dude. I miss the girls. I miss the support of the girls. I met so many amazing women. Some of them are going to be life long friends. I don't really miss Remuda, I just miss the people, and the constant encouragement. I'm pretty alone here at home. I don't have any friends. My family is who I spend the most time with. I need to get out more. I know I can do it.

My attitude remains positive. I am still hopeful. I still want recovery. And I still believe it is possible for me. I need to glue that "I can do this" attitude into my brain and go with it. I ask for God's help frequently.

All in all, I know I can do this. I know I can get through this rough patch I am experiencing. I have to make it happen, and I will.

1 comment:

  1. The underlying tone of the above entry is HOPE. It is undeniably alive inside of you. As you become aware of its presence in every ounce of your being, you will continue to defy all odds. You are well on your way to recovery...The harder it gets, the closer you are to overcoming it. Push through. You've got this girl.

    ReplyDelete