.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Questions from Dawn :)

What is your greatest dream in life?
My greatest dream in life is to be a mom.

In what ways has your life turned out like you had hoped?
I guess I'm a big family person, and the few friends that I do have are essentially like family to me, and I always wanted to hold family and friends really close to my heart. And I feel like I've done a great job of that.

In what ways has your life been not at all like you had hoped?
Well, I obviously never wanted to spend the past 12 years of my life in therapy, in and out of hospitals and treatment centers, and trying to kill myself. I don't think I ever expected that though, and I certainly didn't hope for it.

If you could give one piece of advice to someone, what would it be?
Try to take good from every situation and experience in your life, no matter if that experience is good or bad. You can always learn something and gain strength and wisdom. Also, don't try to mold yourself into someone that society or anyone else tells you that you should be. You are unique and know yourself best, and don't ruin who you are at heart trying to be something you aren't meant to be.

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
Favorite chore is laundry, there is something relaxing about it.
Least favorite chore is doing dishes.

What is your favorite recipe to make?
Nothing fancy. I love baking brownies and cupcakes.

Do you have a book (or a movie) that you could read/see many times over and still love?
Yes, plenty. Books would be Harry Potter. I think I have read the series at least 100 times. Not even kidding. Same thing with Prozac Nation.
There are too many movies to count.

Who has been or is the biggest influence in your life and in who you are becoming?
I think just people that have or are overcoming their own personal struggles, particularly eating disorders and sexual abuse. I find inspiration in them, and try to learn as much as I can from them so as to better myself and my healing. Those that standout the most are Kathleen MacDonald, my dietitian, my Remuda sisters, and my group leader.

What are 3 great, wonderful, positive things about you? (no negative self talk here! no I'm this but...... comments!)
I am a great friend. I care about my friends more than myself and am always looking out for them and always tell them if I am concerned or worried about them.
I have a great deal of inner strength. People told me this for years and I didn't believe them for the longest time. But now I can see it. With all that I have been through in my life, I wouldn't have come this far without my own strength.
I have a great intuition. I sense things sooo easily and I truly think it makes me a better person.

What are you most thankful for in your life?
So much. But at this point in my life, I am most thankful for an AMAZING treatment team and support system. You cannot overcome an eating disorder on your own, and my treatment team has certainly played a huge part in my success.

What is the best advice you have ever received?
That recovery is a really difficult and at times frustrating and painful process, but no matter what, keep moving forward. There will be little setbacks, but you have the power to prevent it from becoming a relapse.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for indulging me :)

    And thank God someone else besides me said dishes is the worst chore. I despise them with every fiber of my being. (In all honesty, I'm catching up with blogland right now instead of doing the dishes in my sink!)

    You are strong. Keep fighting. You're going to make it through to the other side!

    ReplyDelete