.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Food Favorites

I decided to do 2 posts this week. One that is fun, and the other one is an update. So here is the fun one. In my eating disorder, I never had a favorite food. I hated everything. It all tasted the same. But now that I'm in recovery, I have found so many new and old foods that I enjoy. Grocery shopping is still stressful, but can also be fun when looking for new foods to try. So here is a list of my favorite foods.

- Strawberries. I seriously cannot get enough of these. I buy them fresh and cut them up and refrigerate them. I usually end up eating the whole container in one sitting.

- Watermelon. This has always been a favorite of mine. I love the taste, and how I associate it with summer time.

- Greek Yogurt. This is a new one for me. I was never a big yogurt person, but I love this stuff! So far my favorite brands are Fage, Dannon, and Stonyfield. I like the flavored kinds, or with fruit on the bottom. I also love adding granola to it.

-Nutella. Yum. I love this stuff. It's a good substitute for peanut butter (one of my fear foods). It's good on toast or with fruit, especially bananas and strawberries.

- Craisins (dried cranberries). I first was introduced to these at the Ranch. I fell in love with them. They are so sweet and have so much flavor to them. They are perfect for snacks as well. I have to portion these out, otherwise I will end up eating the whole bag.

-Hummus. Hummus is yummus!

-Salads with fruit in them. Brio has a really good salad with fruit, nuts, field green, and chicken. Anybody know of any other good restaurants that have good salads with fruit?


Okay so that's it for now. I am sure I will come across many other foods in my recovery!

2 comments:

  1. Food is real good. You an put craisins in a salad with spring mix and almonds an rasberry vin dressing (and feta if you are into that) and try sprinkling some nice sea or kosher salt on that watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not read this blog until today??? I decided to visit your blog tonight after a long stressful day. I had an emergency session with my therapist this afternoon to discuss my feelings of self-hate and inadequacy due to my new "recovered body." I sobbed like a little child on my therapist's couch. I wish I were as brave as you. You're so young but wiser than me in so many ways. I read your blogs seeking hope, guidance, strength and a continued friendship through our common bond. This blog will send me to bed feeling a little more cheery than 5 minutes ago...and, thanks for the tip on hummus. I think I'll go buy some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete