.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pain

I found this quote recently. This is what I'm dealing with.

"Some of us have a hard time believing that we are actually able to face our own pain. We have convinced ourselves that our pain is too deep, too frightening, something to avoid at all costs. Yet if we finally allow ourselves to feel the depth of that sadness and gently let it break our hearts, we may come to feel a great freedom, a genuine sense of release and peace, because we have finally stopped running away from ourselves and from the pain that lives within us."

3 comments:

  1. This is so true!! I love this quote.
    Would you mind if I copied it to my blog? I can link your blog to the post? :)

    How are things going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sure, that's fine!

    I'm hanging in somehow.Just struggling with depression and other things. Just in a lot of emotional pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quote made me think of you:

    “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” -Elizabeth Kubler Ross

    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete