.

Monday, October 10, 2011

sick

I've been sick the past week. It's been getting worse every day. Today it was the worst. My whole body aches. I don't think I've had a fever, which makes me think I have a virus. Fortunately I had the whole day off work today, so I slept in until 1pm, then crashed at my parent's house the rest of the day, watching TV and napping. I went out to dinner with my mom and my sisters, because I had to eat. They were not sympathetic to how bad I was feeling at all. It really made me mad. It's 10pm and I'm probably going to go up to bed in a few minutes. I have to go back to work tomorrow and if I don't feel any better tomorrow then it's going to be a long day.

Because I have been sick, not much has been on my mind besides how awful I feel. This Thursday is an event at a local art gallery called "Through the Fire: Reclaiming Lost Power after Trauma and Abuse." I have been really wanting to go to it, but had no one to go with and have been thinking it is not such a good idea to go to an event like this alone. When I told my second mom about it a couple weeks ago, she said she would love to go with me but needed to check her calander. She texted me last night and told me she can go! I am so glad! Having her there with me will help so much! I am still really nervous about it, but I am hoping I will walk away from it with insight and feeling stronger to heal from my trauma.

Well, I really don't have much else to say. Sorry this was so boring. Maybe I will have something more interesting to say later on in the week.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry you aren't feeling well, i hope that changes soon!

    i hope the art gallery thing goes well! it sounds really great...like, i'm sure it will be hard in a way (atleast i know it would be for me) but probably very empowering and healing at the same time.

    sending <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete