.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

breathe breathe breathe

So here's what happened yesterday.

Yesterday in therapy, I told my therapist what happened (about the abuse, from what I remember) from beginning to end. She asked me to. It was one of the hardest things ever. I have never said all of it out loud before, I have always written it. So it was extremely extremely difficult, just to get the words out. And then when I finished telling it, she asked me to tell her again. I told her I could not do it, that I was going to throw up. She told me to take deep breaths and that I could do it. And so I did. Again, one of the hardest things I've ever done. After telling it for the second time, I was seriously about to throw up, and so I told her that. She walked with me to the end of the hall to get a drink of water from the water fountain. I was shaking so bad I thought I was going to fall over. She rubbed my back as we walked down the hall. I felt better after the water. After that we talked about things completely unrelated. But I was trembling from head to toe. She talked me through deep breaths. A couple hours later I found myself in fetal position on my kitchen floor sobbing. Why did he do this to me? Why does it affect me this much? Why can't I pull myself together? I called my therapist, told her I was scared, that it was the hardest therapy session of my entire life. She said that going to work later would be a good distraction, and I could call her when I got home if I needed to. Well, I got off work at 10:30pm and was a mess, crying and what not. I called her and she told me I was so brave to do what I did today, and that I was going to be okay. I told her about my anger towards him, and she was so proud that I was finally feeling that anger. I went to bed straight after that convo. I woke up this morning, feeling like yesterday really didn't happen. I'm pretty sure I dissociated during part of the session. I'm just glad today is a new day. And that yesterday is over. And I'm going to work on my breathing (deep breaths) and I'm going to get through this.

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong. Believe in your therapist, things will get better. Keeping breathing, beautiful girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration you are! Sounds like hard work, but you are doing it and you should be proud of yourself. One day you will get through this and look back and realize how strong you are. I am glad you have a supportive therapist who is helping yo walk through this.

    ReplyDelete