.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

what's shakin?

Things are continuing to look up for me! Here's why:

I saw my dietitian on Monday. She was pleasantly suprised about how well I was doing! She decided not to weigh me this week. I told her that was so ironic because I wanted to talk to her about not looking at my weight anymore. She said that she didn't think she needed to weigh me because I would never be happy with the number, or if I went up or down. I'm sure she just won't completely stop weighing me. But with how well I am doing, she doesn't need to monitor my weight as much. I just got to keep this up. I told her I wasn't sure how long this good feeling would last. She said she would take it for now! Haha, I love her.

I had group last night. It was very informative, as we discussed a lot about hunger feelings and food journaling. It is frustrating that I can't practice intuitive eating yet. My group leader says it takes about a year to get back to normal. Frustrating, yet possible. Our last group is next week and I am sad to leave this group of people who I have gotten to know so well. But I have decided to join the next group, which is structured more like a support group. I start that next Monday. The group leader was super excited when I told her I wanted to join the next group. It's so funny that people have gotten so excited about me lately, haha. It's sort of baffling. But I will take it!

I am having some medical issues lately. I think I need to go to my gynecologist. Ugh. I have been researching on the internet and have tentatively diagnosed myself with ovarian cysts. I have many of the classic symptoms. I don't want to go to my gyno, when my annual appointment is in October. But, I need to get this problem solved. What should I do? Go now, or wait until October?

We had a pretty exciting, and scary, event occur here in Virginia yesterday. We had a 5.8 earthquake. It was crazy! I was home alone when I heard and felt this banging and shaking noise. At first I though it was coming from upstairs, but then everything around me was shaking! I ran and stood in a doorway (that's what they taught us in school). It went on for almost a minute. The phone lines had shut down so I couldn't get a hold of anyone. Then later on we had aftershocks at 8pm and 12am. And now Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit us this weekend! Two natural disasters in one week?

Anyway, I gotta run because I have an eye doctor appointment. I see my therapist tomorrow so I will update more then!

2 comments:

  1. God I know the feeling.. I always postpone my gyno appointments and go only when I really really have to. I hate this. But when you thing you do have a problem and worry a lot, you should go.
    What if you are sick?..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're making lots of progress!! So proud of you for not looking at your weight, I know how tempting that can be. I think if you are worried about having ovarian cysts that you should head to the gyno asap. You don't want this to potentially get too bad before you get it looked at, it will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

    ReplyDelete