.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 1, start over again

Day 1 w/o self harm. Starting over again. I am not going to dwell on it, not going to feel guilty about it, because what good does that do? I'm just going to move forward at this point.

I had coffee with a really great friend this morning. When I told her about it she said something along the lines of, "The next time you want to do that, to harm yourself, remember what you feel like now, remember how bad you feel about it now, and that will motivate you to not do it again." I must say, that is very good advice and something I have never really thought about before. I acted out last night in a moment of desperation and complete misery and dissociation. But there really is no excuse. The second I had stopped doing it, I was filled with guilt and regret. And I do not want to feel that way again.

So today is Day 1. I am starting over. I can only move forward, I have no choice but to do that.

1 comment:

  1. =) You can do that. Each day is a new day and a new chance to start over and prove something to yourself =)

    You can make it.
    <3
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete