.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

connection.

Human connection is so important to me. When I've felt so disconnected from myself and the world for so long, it's refreshing and amazing to finally feel connected to someone. I connected with someone tonight. I was vulnerable, said what I felt, what my fears were, what I wanted. And this person...did not scream, did not run away, did not yell at me. Instead, this person listened to me, comforted me, and believed in me. There was a moment during all of this when I thought to myself, "why? am I actually deserving of this? how is he not repulsed by me?" I wanted to pull away, but I just...let go. I let myself feel, and connect. I feel I have a bond with this person, a bond I have never felt before. One of friendship, and closeness....and challenges. My eyes have been opened.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's great! You deserve to be love and feel connected!

    Maybe this will start a domino effect and you'll keep adding on more people who you can bond with.

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you could just be yourself and let go..
    You deserve friendship and to be loved!
    Don't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete