.

Friday, August 27, 2010

quotations

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. ~Jan Glidewell

I'd hoped that everything I feel about those day-the shame, the fear-would fade. But it hasn't happened. Instead, the things that I remembered, these little details, seem to grow stronger, to the point where I cam feel their weight in my chest. Nothing, sticks with me more than the memory of that dark room, & how the light then took that nightmare & made it real. - Me

"Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you, because you think that your feelings were wrong, and it makes you feel so small because it’s so hard to keep it inside when you let it out and it doesn’t come back. You’re left so alone that you can’t explain." - unknown


I wanted to kill the me underneath. That fact haunted my days and nights. When you realize you hate yourself so much, when you realize that you cannot stand who you are, and this deep spite has been the motivation behind your behavior for many years, your brain can’t quite deal with it. It will try very hard to avoid that realization; it will try, in a last-ditch effort to keep your remaining parts alive, to remake the rest of you. This is, I believe, different from the suicidal wish of those who are in so much pain that death feels like relief, different from the suicide I would later attempt, trying to escape that pain. This is a wish to murder yourself; the connotation of kill is too mild. This is a belief that you deserve slow torture, violent death. --marya hornbacher

He took something from me
I didn't even know that I had
- Ani Difranco-

Peace comes not from the absence of conflict, but from the ability to cope with it.
-unknown

"i understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. and how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you." -the holiday

Sometimes it's better to put love into hugs than to put it into words. ~Author Unknown


You've gotta have hope. Without hope life is meaningless. Without hope life is meaning less and less. ~Author Unknown

"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." -Twloha

"In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty... handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
-Juno-

"When I was a little girl I used to look out my bedroom window at the caterpillars. I envied them so much because no matter what they were before, what happened to them, they could just hide away and become these beautiful creatures that fly away completely untouched."
-Patch Adams-

Real doesn't happen all at once." said the Skin Horse. "You become, it takes a long time. That's why it doesn't generally happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because when you are Real you can't be ugly...except to people who don't understand"-The Velveteen Rabit

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE these. thanks for sharing them. :)
    xoxo
    hope all is well
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great quotes. Thanks for sharing :)

    but how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete