.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Loneliness

I have felt so lonely lately, emotionally and physically. I feel lonely when I am with people. In truth, I have always been lonely, or felt lonely. I know I have a great support system, but I feel so alone in my emotions and my thoughts. And lately...with my memories. It was just me and him in that basement, and in that empty classroom. I never reached out. I was alone with those memories and those experiences for many years. And even though I am talking about them now and sharing it with a therapist and some close friends, I still feel lonely. Everyone's experience with abuse is individual, and I know for me...it's such a lonely experience. Scary, sad, confusing..yes. But also lonely.

I've never been really close anybody. I think the closest relationship I've had with a person is my old therapist, which was also an unhealthy relationship. I've never had closeness. I crave it. I crave to be held, to sit on a couch and watch a movie with someone sitting beside me, to have a person to call when I am crying and feeling alone. I used to have a best friend, I don't think I do anymore. No one's fault...people just grow apart and in different directions. But it makes me sad.

I've been crying a lot lately...actually letting myself feel emotions...feel loneliness. I don't want to feel that way anymore though, especially when I know it can be fixed. Or can it? Am I incapable of being close with somebody? Sometimes I feel that I am.

2 comments:

  1. aw Holly, I'm sorry you are feeling so lonely :( I went to bed really early last night, but I feel bad for not being able to talk to you! I know exactly what you mean about feeling lonely even when you are with people. Also, my abuse was the loneliest, scariest and saddest time of my life, so thinking about it makes me feel the same way. Try to keep your chin up, your feelings are valid and understandable. as humans, we crave affection and love and I'm so sad that there is no one there with you. We'll talk tonight, ok? are you free? much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel lonely at times. It is so hard to deal with. It is hard to read a blog about people struggling and not be able to give them a hug or just sit with them. I will keep you in my thoughts today and hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete