.

Friday, October 29, 2010

For The Bible Tells Me So

So, this documentary came out a couple years ago. I have never watched it beginning to end, but I am going to try and find it so I can watch it. I don't talk much about my belief in God, the bible, or whatever on here, because honestly...I am not sure what I believe. After going to Remuda Ranch, which was a Christian based treatment facility, I was kind of a jesus-freak, but I never understood what it was I was reading or praying about. I lost a lot of faith about a year ago. I don't think I believed there wasn't a God or Higher Power, but the thought in my head was..."if there is such a thing, then why do so many horrible things happen?" When I came out to my parents, my mom was heartbroken because she thought I would never have the fairytale wedding, marriage, or family that she wanted for me. I also believed I would never have that.

I just find this whole issue with gays/lesbians in the church to be stupid. People are people, they should be loved respected, and given the same rights regardless of who they love or want to be with.

I had kind of given up on God, on praying, on church a long time ago. I blamed God (or whoever) for all the bad things that happened to me. Because, if he is such a loving God, why would he allow someone to hurt me in such a violent way? But honestly...for the past...I don't know...month or so...I have found myself maybe wanting to believe in God again.

I'm confused about my beliefs. Obviously.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up with your past few posts...hange in there girl.

    The list of things to do was a good idea...but so overwhelming to tackle so much at once (trust me) and so maybe narrow down to 1 or 2?
    Sinc nourishment is key I would say focus on the eating the (um..how many?) meals a day and tasting and staying resent during them.

    Brain food. Soul Food. Medicine.

    PS-- I think you do know how to blog and I hope it helps.

    ~Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God doesn't exist. Let Freud explain:

    "The idea of God was not a lie but a device of the unconscious which needed to be decoded by psychology. A personal god was nothing more than an exalted father-figure: desire for such a deity sprang from infantile yearnings for a powerful, protective father, for justice and fairness and for life to go on forever. God is simply a projection of these desires, feared and worshipped by human beings out of an abiding sense of helplessness. Religion belonged to the infancy of the human race; it had been a necessary stage in the transition from childhood to maturity. It had promoted ethical values which were essential to society. Now that humanity had come of age, however, it should be left behind."

    ReplyDelete