.

Friday, October 8, 2010

quote from a survivor website

"I began to think about the mechanism of what he had done to me: where he had isolated me, I make friends; where he had silenced me, I express myself in every way I could think of; where he made me freeze with fear I learn to move, with grace and expression; where he had destroyed my ability to think I follow a train of thought through, in as many different directions as possible.
Then I realized that I had the capacity to turn everything he had aimed at me into something positive for myself: where there was hate, I turn it into self care for myself; where there was violence I turn that into gentle regard for myself; where there was fear I turn that into courage."

This is so powerful. And so true. I need to write this down and carry it with me every where I go.

1 comment:

  1. this is EXACTLY what I needed to read right now. thank you Holly.

    ReplyDelete