.

Friday, September 3, 2010

let it go

I think now, more than ever, I need to just fucking let all of it go. Maybe there are still things that I need to talk about, to process, to not feel ashamed of. But I need to let go. I need to embrace who I am now, who I want to be. And let go of who I was then, the things I did back then. Do I have regrets? Of course. But life's a journey, you make mistakes. What you have to do is learn from them and move on. I feel that for me, in order to move, I need to keep writing. I ask myself, what is holding me back the most right now? The answer is fear. Fear that started a decade ago and has stayed with me. Fear keeps me from being myself, from opening up, feeling everything that I need to feel. I need to let go of fear. I need to trust, I need to face my demons, and not let them swallow me. I need to be the bigger person, take control of my life and live it the way it should be lived. I think about my abuser often, the things he did to me. I question my actions when I remember everything he did to me. I need to stop beating myself up. And I will. I will do all of these things. Some of them I am already doing. I need to stop asking myself, "Well, am I ready?" Of course I am.

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote a blog on letting go....

    trust me, you're not alone...

    it's a difficult choice/decision/route to take an....it's risky an scary.

    take care
    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting go is sooooooooo hard. But until you are able to do it - you will be prisoner to all of the "yuckiness." I am still struggling with this too. Struggling to let go of things from my own past that keep me holding on to my ed. And it's so frusterating because I start to explore that fear in therapy and I start to become vunerable and let go but then it starts to get too scary it starts to hurt way too much and so I end up quickly retreating back into the arms of the eating disorder (the endless cycle for me).

    And I want desperately to break the cycle but... until I am willing to let go COMPLETELY - the cycle won't ever break, you know?

    ReplyDelete