.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

school and things

It's that time of the year again, when school is starting back. In the past week I have been asked several times "Oh are you getting ready to go back to school?" I take a deep breath and explain that, No I'm not in school, I have my associate's degree, and lie to people and tell them that I am getting ready to take my MA certification test. In truth, I have unearthed my certification study book from a box in my house, but haven't opened it. I'm scared to take this test. Scared to fail, like I did the last time I took it. I question all the time whether or not it would be the right thing to get back into the health care field, or if I really want it. After the heartbreak of losing the best job I ever had last October, I catch myself wondering if it would be worth it to take the test again and applying for jobs. And also, am I really cut out for it? I am much healthier than I was a year ago, no longer in the midst of a full blown relapse. I still do have passion for health care, I still want to go to nursing school one day, but fear holds me back. I'm not really sure what I want to do. The test costs a bunch of money, and so if I decide to take it, I have to be serious about it.

I need an outlet. Writing has always been an outlet. But I feel stuck with it. I love to write, but what do I write about? I have found myself being lost in music lately. Listening to the words and just completely relating to them or to something that's going on in my life. This weekend I think I am going to buy a canvas and some paint and just go crazy. I need to let these emotions out.

I have had very little to zero energy lately, emotionally and physically. My brain is working overtime. There is so much to think about, to process. I'm exhausted. I know it doesn't help being malnourished. Obviously I need to do something about that. The past couple of days at work have been a struggle to get through. My body and my brain do not want to cooperate. I hate feeling this way. My head needs a break.

quote of the day...

"The real struggle is about you: you, a person who has to learn to live in the real world, to inhabit her own skin, to know her own heart, to stop waiting for life to begin."

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, it's how I've been feeling lately. I think that art and music are THE BEST outlets. just let yourself create something beautiful. wouldn't it be nice if we could just have simple happy lives and not be so caught up in money and other issues? if onnnnly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as your title says, just breath. I know exactly how you feel when people ask what are you doing lately? I just have no real answer...

    Just do what YOU need to do to help yourself and to find that peace we all year for

    xoxo
    take care
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete