.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

come back

It doesn't take much. It can be a certain look, a smell, a sound, a touch, even safe touch...can trigger the past. You can't help it. It just comes. And just like that, you are back in time. Back in that room, and it seems as if it's happening all over again. You have to get back in the present though. You have to imagine yourself fighting back, and walking away, or running. Maybe running is better. Imagine taking control, taking your power back. You are safe, you are okay. It's over.

2 comments:

  1. i was on the verge of having (what felt like) the most serious and intense flashback ever, yesterday. i was in my psychology class of 300 people, not a good place to break down. it was so hard to come to the present, but i did have just tell myself that im ok. ughhhh its so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have to go through this, holly. :( I havent dealt with flashbacks from my trauma...I guess I got lucky in some effed up way, but I hope the flashbacks start to come less often as you work your way through it in therapy.

    ReplyDelete