.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Anxiety

I hate anxiety. I've been doing really well with my anxiety, panic attacks, etc for a couple weeks now. Okay, so it has not gone away completely...it is always there. But there are chunks of time where it is bearable, where it's not overwhelming. I've been relatively calm lately, and I have really enjoyed it. But this morning, as soon as I opened my eyes, I felt the trembling all over my body, the horrible feeling in my stomach and chest, and this overwhelming sense that something was wrong. But why today? Why this morning? Things were going so well! Maybe it's the stress of work, of the holidays. I know eventually it will fade. But it just really SUCKED to wake up to this. I immidietely popped a Xanax (it's prescribed to me, I'm not addicted or anything). Because I knew if I didn't take some sort of medicine then, I would be in hell all day. Hopefully this will mellow me out and I can get through my double shift today, and then just breathe....because I have the next 3 days off.

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe. Listen to music, Breathe some more, Laugh, Breathe, Think about something completely different, and....Just Breathe.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this. As your blog is called- just breathe. I know at many moments that seems pretty much impossible. But you can do this. YOU CAN.

    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete