.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the list

My therapist instructed me to make a list of things to do or go when I am feeling super anxious, depressed, or triggered. Here it is:

1. play with my dogs
2. watch Golden Girls
3. watch a movie
4. take a walk or run
5. go to the river
6. text or call my therapist (if things get too out of hand)
7. sit on my screen porch and read
8. listen to music
9. take a shower or bubble bath
10. blog or journal
11. clean
12. go to the library
13. go window shopping
14. go out with a friend
15. go driving
16. look at pictures of sunsets
17. deep breathing
18. screaming
19. dancing around
20. go to my parent's house
21. go to my safe place
22. use grounding skills (say out loud the things i see around me, count, etc)
23. volunteer at the SPCA

that's all i can think of for now.
now i just have to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment